I don't know many people who dislike trifle. My Mother makes a lovely trifle, but I was looking through the school recipe books again and found this easy recipe. I made it for pudding for today's Sunday dinner.
4 sponge bricks or any plain sponge+2 tbsp raspberry jam or a jam swiss roll
1 pack of raspberry jelly
Tin of fruit
Custard - either a tin of Ambrosia or use custard powder
1 small carton of whipping cream or double cream
Hundreds and thousands/glace cherries or both.
2-3 tbsp sherry
2) Slit sponge bricks and put jam on or slice the swiss roll. Put in trifle dish.
3) Drain fruit over sponge and add sherry if desired.
4) Arrange fruit on sponge then pour jelly over. ( Do not pour boiling water into a glass dish - it will crack, let the jelly mixture cool a bit first).
5) Let the ingredients cool, then put into a fridge to set.
6) Make custard and let it cool, or just open a tin of Ambrosia and pour over the set ingredients
7) Whip cream and spread over trifle.
8) Decorate with hundreds and thousands or cherries.